Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice explains how and why we collect, retain, share, transfer or otherwise process your personal data, and sets forth your data protection rights.
When we say “Alpha Dent Implants”, we mean Alpha Dent Implants GmbH, a company registered at Hanauer Str. 8, Pforzheim, Germany 75181.
We also use “website” to refer to www.alpha-dent.net, which belongs to Alpha Dent Implants GmbH.
If you have any concerns, requests or questions about your data, or think that some of our data protection practices are not addressed in this Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data – what we collect and what we use it for
We collect information about you when you visit our website or use our services, including the following:
- When you visit our website
When you visit our website, we register some information about your device, such as the type and version of your web browser, your operating system, referrer URL category, host name of the accessing terminal, date and time of the server request, and your IP address. The processing of this data is required for technical reasons, website analysis and improvement, as well as to ensure system security. It is in our interest and yours that this website is secure and works properly, therefore we process this data on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- When you contact us
When you contact us by email or by filling out a form on our website, we collect your name and contact details, as well as any information you choose to put in the body of your request. Please do not share any sensitive personal data or documents, either concerning yourself or others, unless specifically requested by us. We collect and process this information in order to respond to your questions and provide related customer service, so the lawful basis for this processing is contract performance.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
To receive our newsletter, you need to provide your name and contact details, along with the country in which you live. We rely on a contract basis to process your personal data for purposes of fulfilling your request to receive our publications.
You can manage your subscription preferences by subscribing or unsubscribing at any time. Please note that if you have set your browser to block cookies, this may have an impact on your ability to unsubscribe. If you have any difficulties managing your email or other communication preferences with us, please contact us at email@example.com.
- When you connect with us at events and exhibitions
When you stop by our pavilion at an industry event or a fair, we offer you an opportunity to connect with us for potential future cooperation, and ask you to provide your name, company/title and contact details. We will use this information to contact you regarding potential partnerships, and to tell you about other events, as well as our products and services that might be of interest to you. We may also make and store a recording of your likeness. In this case, we use legitimate interest as a lawful basis to process your personal data.
- Offline and online marketing
After you contacted us or participated in one of our events or training courses, we may wish to inform you about our products, services, training courses, events and customer surveys in the field of dentistry. We may also conduct customer analysis, which may include the combination of data we receive from you offline and online, in order to provide you with customized information or offers as well as courses, events and customer satisfaction surveys which may be of interest to you in the field of dentistry.
This type of activity is considered direct marketing, and in this case we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data. If you wish to unsubscribe, just click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and tracking
We use the following types of cookies.
- Essential cookies. These cookies are necessary to enable user movement around our website and provide access to its features. They also help us make sure that the website is working properly and fix any errors, make the website easier for you to navigate, and personalise it to you by remembering your preferences and settings. These cookies cannot be disabled.
- Analytics cookies. We use Google Analytics and Yandex Metrica cookies to help us understand things like how long you stay on our website, what pages you find most useful, and how you arrived at www.alpha-dent.net. The data collected by Google Analytics and Yandex Metrica may be transmitted to and stored by Google and Yandex on servers in various countries outside the EEA, including the United States and Russian Federation. Google and Yandex may also transfer this information to third parties where required by law, or where these third parties process the information on their behalf.
You can find more information regarding the privacy of your Google Analytics cookies here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Yandex Metrica Data Policy can be found at https://metrica.yandex.com/about/info/data-policy/
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are used on our website to help us to show you more relevant advertising. Along with Google Dynamic Remarketing and DoubleClick, we use Facebook Custom Audience and Facebook Pixel, provided by Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). These are technologies that help us understand and measure our products and services, and better reach and serve people who use or might be interested in our products and services.
- Social media cookies. These cookies enable you to share our content on Facebook. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
The lawful basis for processing of any personal data from cookies is your consent. You can give your consent by clicking on the appropriate button on the banner displayed to you. If you do not wish to give consent or wish to withdraw it, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings. Please note that disabling these cookies will affect the functionality of the website and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the website. Here you can find information about how to control cookie settings on some of the most popular web browsers:
You can also opt-out from targeted advertising across the internet using the opt-out tools of advertising industry bodies, including:
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with external service providers, suppliers and other cooperation partners used by the Alpha Dent Implants GmbH for processing your orders or requests. Your personal data may also be shared with third-party service providers that provide support services to Alpha Dent Implants GmbH, including, for example, printers, lettershops, call centers, advertising agencies, internet and IT service providers and data centers. In addition, we may share your information with other affiliates of Alpha Dent Implants GmbH, in particular for support, processing, supply or marketing purposes.
Our service providers, suppliers and other cooperation partners may only process your personal data for our purposes. Any sharing of personal data with third parties and affiliates is subject to their compliance with our privacy and confidentiality terms.
The personal data we collect from you is stored in databases hosted inside the European Union in Germany with Amazon Web Services data centers, which are fully GDPR compliant. AWS does not use or have access to your personal data for any purpose other than storage and retrieval.
Our analytics and advertising partners Google Inc. and Facebook may transfer the personal data they collect to servers in the United States. They do so lawfully by providing appropriate safeguards for your data under the Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as Google and Facebook adhere to the EU-US Privacy Shield self-regulatory framework. You can find the details of the framework here.
Yandex LLC (or Yandex Oy if you reside in EEA or Switzerland) may transfer your personal data to Russian Federation lawfully on the basis of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, which are a part of the Data Processing Agreement between us and Yandex.
Any other service providers or suppliers we partner with transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EEA lawfully on the basis of Standard Contractual Clauses or another approved transfer mechanism. If you would like to receive more information regarding these transfers, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may also be required to share your personal data with various financial institutions and/or enforcement or court authorities to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, enforce an agreement we have with you, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or agents.
Additionally, we may reveal your personal data to third-parties if: (1) you request or authorize it; (2) to address emergencies or acts of God; and (3) to address disputes, claims, or to persons demonstrating legal authority to act on your behalf.
We do not sell your personal data.
Data Protection law provides you with rights to help you understand and control how your personal data is used. These are your rights:
- Right to be informed about why and how we are processing your personal data – we hope we achieved this by providing you with this Data Protection Notice.
- Right to have access to your data – you have the right to ask us if we are processing your personal data, why we are doing so, under what lawful basis, the categories of your personal data, whether the data is being sent outside the EU, who we share your data with, how long we keep it, and request a copy of the data we are processing. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to object to some processing – direct marketing, or if processing is based on legitimate interests.
- Right to have your data deleted – otherwise known as “right to be forgotten”. You can exercise this right if you withdraw your consent and there is no further legitimate interest in our processing of your data, your objection to processing under legitimate interests outweighs our interests, the processing is no longer necessary, there is a law that requires the data to be deleted, or the processing is unlawful. You can delete your personal data at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- Right to restrict processing – if the personal data we are processing is inaccurate, if our processing is unlawful, if the data is no longer necessary for the original purpose of processing but needs to be kept for potential legal claims, or you have objected to processing carried out under legitimate interests and we’re still in the process of determining whether there is an overriding need to continue processing.
- Right to data portability – you can ask for your data that we process by using a computer, which you provided to us on the basis of consent or because it was necessary for a contract.
- Right to ask us about automated decision-making – we don’t do that, but if we did, you would have the right to ask us to explain the logic involved in making any automated decisions and for the decision to be reviewed by a human being, if that decision had an effect on your rights or freedoms.
- Right to rectification – if any of your personal data that we hold is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data. However, we would appreciate it if you contacted us first and gave us an opportunity to resolve the issue.
Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost upon request made to us at email@example.com. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, we will let you know the date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
How long we keep your data
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, or for any period thereafter as required or permitted by law.
As retention periods vary by the type of data and local laws and requirements, it is not possible to provide all necessary information here. If you would like to receive retention information applicable to your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of your information
We take technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. The measures are designed to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your data and to ensure the continued availability and resilience of the systems and services processing them. Our security measures include encryption of your data, firewalls and password protection. Our data processing and security measures are improved constantly in line with technological developments. Please note, however, that you are solely responsible for using adequately secured devices (e.g. antivirus software) when accessing our websites and services in order to avoid any unauthorized access by third parties.
Changes and updates to this Data Protection Notice
As our organization and services change from time to time, this Data Protection Notice is expected to change as well. We reserve the right to amend it at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Data Protection Notice on this site. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and terms and conditions and will email users of material changes thereto, but you should check our site frequently to see the Data Protection Notice that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.